IT Security and Compliance Articles
Read articles from industry experts New Net Technologies to find out about best practices in keeping your IT systems secure.
- Category: Tripwire® Alternative
There’s no shortage of file integrity monitoring products available, all aiming to provide a HIDS (host intrusion detection system solution). With Tripwire ® no longer the default go-to option it once was, understanding which one is right for your environment and how the options stack up against other solutions is not always easy. To aid your selection process we have compiled a checklist of the main areas that should be catered for when looking for a FIM-based solution.
- Category: COBIT-ITIL-ISO27001
Today's IT professionals are faced with the task of ensuring the continuous compliance of their IT infrastructure with an overwhelming spectrum of policy and regulations: PCI for retailers; SOX for sensitive financial information; NERC for energy suppliers and power regulators; HIPAA and HITECH for medical professions; CIS, DIA, and NIST for sensitive security systems. And this list continues to grow.
- Disable Windows Services
- Server Hardening Policy - Examples and Tips
- What are the recommended Audit Policy settings for Windows & Linux
- Server Hardening Checklist - Which Configuration Hardening Checklist Will Make My Server Most Secure?
- The Windows Advanced Audit Policy Configuration
- Windows Server 2008 2008R2 Hardening Guide
- File Integrity Monitoring Software
- Which File Integrity Monitoring Technology Is Best For FIM? File Integrity Monitoring FIM or SIEM FIM?
- Windows File Integrity Monitoring 101
- The Top Ten of Audit and Event Log Monitoring