Configuration Management - Intelligent Change Control
Change Control is not the same as Change Management. While Change Management focuses on the justification and planning of changes, Change Control majors on the verification of actual changes made.
No wonder it’s a security best practice referenced throughout the CIS Controls.
It’s vital to control change because your ‘Attack Surface’ is directly governed by changes made, chiefly to installed software and configuration settings. And from a security standpoint, change control is the only way to distinguish between legitimate IT activity, and a stealthy cyber-attack. This is why, according to the Verizon Data Breach Investigation Report, 68% of breaches take months to discover.
No more guesswork
Identify exactly what changed, where, when and by whom. Changes are automatically reconciled with Planned Change details so you even know the 'why'.
Every single change evaluated automatically, every suspicious change exposed
Gaining visibility of system configuration changes is the only way to operate secure change control. But full-visibility without automated analysis intelligence just leads to noise with unapproved changes left hiding in plain sight. If you don't have Closed-Loop Intelligent Change Control, you are making Configuration Management unworkable.
Streamline operations from RFC to QA Testing – close the loop with seamless automation
Don't invest in formal change control procedures and IT Service Management technology just to shut your eyes to what actually happens during the implementation phase. You only get Closed-Loop, Intelligent Change Control with NNT Change Tracker.
We cover it all, for all platforms, in a scalable, enterprise solution.
- October is National Cyber Security Awareness Month- So Just How Secure is Your Organization?
- Department of Homeland Security’s Cyber Security Still Vulnerable
- File Integrity Monitoring – 3 Reasons Why Your Security is Compromised Without it Part 3
- File Integrity Monitoring - Is FIM Better Than AV? Is a Gun Better Than a Knife?
- All Configuration Management Articles
- NNT Recommended Change Control Program
- Stop the Breach or Spot the Breach?
- The Problem With the ITIL Change Management Process
- All Configuration Management White Papers
Change Tracker Gen 7R2: Complete configuration and system integrity assurance combined with the most comprehensive and intelligent change control solution available.
Vulnerability Tracker: The world’s only limitless and unrestricted vulnerability scanning solution with unparalleled accuracy and efficiency, protecting your IT assets on premises, in the cloud and mobile endpoints.