North American Electric Reliability Corporation Critical Infrastructure Protection (NERC CIP) Version 5 CIP Cyber Security Standards
NERC CIP Version 5 is now fully enforced, with many more electric companies seeking to implement NERC CIP measures and looking to the market for automated solutions to help. For those that have been subject to the standard for years already, now is a good time to review solutions implemented at the time and re-evaluate the options for simpler and less expensive alternatives that are now available.
Demonstrating compliance can be a costly and time-consuming exercise, but NNT can help: NNT Change Tracker Enterprise Gen7 R2 is the Number 1 Alternative to Tripwire®, providing an easier to use and less expensive solution that provides a perfect solution to the majority of NERC CIP controls.
- Out of the Box reports provided to address CIP Standards and prove requirements are being met, such as CIP 010-3: The need to first develop, then report drift from, an authorized baseline configuration for all devices, including Operating system or firmware, all application software and patches installed and any logical network accessible ports
- NNT SecureOps™ solutions can help address all CIP Standards, meeting requirements of CIP-002,CIP-003,CIP-004,CIP-005, CIP-006,CIP-007,CIP-008,CIP-009,CIP-010 and CIP-011
- CIS Certified Hardened Build Checklists provided as standard (Note: In June 2012, the Idaho National Laboratory, home of the National SCADA Test Bed, of the U.S. Department of Energy, completed a very favorable analysis of how the CIS Controls applied in the electric sector as a first step in assessing the applicability of the controls to specific industrial sectors)
- Configuration Management and Change/Breach Detection provided for all devices and platforms And, by adopting a full NNT SecureOps™ strategy, incorporating NNT Vulnerability Tracker and NNT Log Tracker working in parallel with Change Tracker, you can deliver an automated and cost-effective solution to full NERC CIP compliance covering the Version 5 CIP Cyber Security Standards.
And, by adopting a full NNT SecureOps™ strategy, incorporating NNT Vulnerability Tracker and NNT Log Tracker working in parallel with Change Tracker, you can deliver an automated and cost-effective solution to full NERC CIP compliance covering the Version 5 CIP Cyber Security Standards.
Learn about NNT Change Tracker for Industrial Control Systems (ICS) and Operational Technology (OT)
- GVEC Relies on NNT Change Tracker for NERC CIP Compliance
- NNT Change Tracker Gen7 R2 for Industrial Control Systems (ICS) and Operational Technology (OT)
- All NERC CIP Case Studies
With the increased regulatory pressures associated to PCI DSS and NERC CIP compliance, NNT Change Tracker has become an invaluable addition to both our processes and systems that allow us to maintain our compliance without adversely affecting our workload
Chris Murphy, Head of IT, Guadalupe Valley Electric Co-Op, Texas