System Hardening and Vulnerability Management
System Hardening is the process of securing a system’s configuration and settings to reduce IT vulnerability and the possibility of being compromised. This can be done by reducing the attack surface and attack vectors which attackers continuously try to exploit for purpose of malicious activity.
By creating a secure and compliant state for all IT systems and combining that with ongoing, context-based change control plus baseline management, Change Tracker™ Gen7 R2 ensures systems remain in a secure and compliant state at all times.
Download The Complete Hardened Services Guide Understand the recommended hardened services settings for various compliance standards and requirements.
Secure Configuration – No compromise
Full range of CIS Benchmark hardening reports are built-in at no extra cost. NNT are one of a handful of CIS Certified Vendors – The Center for Internet Security are the industry's authoritative source of secure configuration guidance. STIGs and any other SCAP/OVAL automated content can also be used.
Remediation Guidance? Vulnerability Details? All yours
Hardening doesn't have to be Hard! Clear, concise guidance makes hardening systems an almost 'paint-by-numbers' process. Rationale for any hardening measures provided in plain English, together with all remediation commands and settings needed.
Auditor-ready reports to prove compliance
And for compliance, get all the evidential reports you and your auditor could wish for – dashboards, exceptions-only, estate-wide. Full change tracking shows where any Planned Changes have been approved – compliance doesn't have to be a drag.
Contact us for a no-strings, no-sales pressure trial and see the coolest compliance solution in action for yourself
- Organizations Still Failing to Apply Patches - Top 10 Software Vulnerabilities
- Microsoft and NIST Partner to Create Enterprise Patching Guide
- FDA Issues Warning over Vulnerabilities in Medical Devices
- System Hardening, and Why it's Harder Than it Looks
- Is system hardening like an appendectomy?
- $700 Million Settlement Reached in 2017 Equifax Data Breach
- Freedom Mobile Exposes Details of Customer Payment Card Data
- Ransomware Attack Takes Down City of Del Rio
- UK Government Unveils “World First” IoT Code of Practice
- Google Shutting Down Google+ Platform Following Privacy Vulnerability
- All Device Hardening blog posts
- Disable Windows Services
- Cyber Threat Sharing Bill and Cyber Incident Response Scheme – Shouldn’t We Start with System Hardening and FIM?
- File Integrity Monitoring – Database Security Hardening Basics
- Linux Server Hardening
- Windows Server 2008 2008R2 Hardening Guide
- Server Hardening Policy - Examples and Tips
- Server Hardening Checklist - Which Configuration Hardening Checklist Will Make My Server Most Secure?
- What are the recommended Audit Policy settings for Windows & Linux
- All Device Hardening Articles
Change Tracker Gen 7R2: Complete configuration and system integrity assurance combined with the most comprehensive and intelligent change control solution available.
Vulnerability Tracker: The world’s only limitless and unrestricted vulnerability scanning solution with unparalleled accuracy and efficiency, protecting your IT assets on premises, in the cloud and mobile endpoints.
Access CIS Resources
Access a broad range of CIS Benchmark reports to audit your enterprise and continuously monitor for any drift from your hardened state.
Download Reports »
Server Hardening Resources
Download Hardened Services checklists, derived by NNT in conjunction with Microsoft, to manually audit your servers for compliance.
Download Checklists »
Audit Policy Template Resources
Gain access to audit policies derived from the Center for Internet Security to generate audit logs on all relevant security levels.
Download Audit Policies »