Vulnerability Scanning and Patch Management
Vulnerability scanning is an essential foundational security control and vital for every organization. Cyber-attacks such as WannaCry and Petya, left many asking the question: How can we stay safely ahead of the next threat?
As new vulnerabilities are discovered, it’s a race against time to derive effective defense strategies.
In most cases, this requires fixes for the software or platform affected, delivered in the form of a patch. In other cases it may require mitigation of the threat via secure configuration settings – see System Hardening and Vulnerability Management.
- New Kr00k Vulnerability Affects Over 1 Million Wi-Fi Devices
- Medical Devices Introduce Major Bluekeep Vulnerability to HCOs
- IoT Devices Designed by the World's Largest Manufacturers Infected with Malware
- Health Data Belonging to 1 Million New Zealanders at High Risk of Compromise
- Remote Access Vulnerabilities Found in Popular IoT Devices and Routers
- Google Reports Massive iPhone Security Flaw
- 34% of Vulnerabilities Reported in First Half of 2019 Remain Unpatched
- Researcher Warns of Airlines Failing to Protect Customer Data
- US Coast Guard Reveals Large Vessel Suffered a Cyber Attack
- Vulnerability Scans Are a Lot Like Eating Mushrooms
- All Vulnerability Scanning Blogs
Access CIS Resources
Access a broad range of CIS Benchmark reports to audit your enterprise and continuously monitor for any drift from your hardened state.
Download Reports »
Server Hardening Resources
Download Hardened Services checklists, derived by NNT in conjunction with Microsoft, to manually audit your servers for compliance.
Download Checklists »
Audit Policy Template Resources
Gain access to audit policies derived from the Center for Internet Security to generate audit logs on all relevant security levels.
Download Audit Policies »
Change Tracker Gen 7R2: Complete configuration and system integrity assurance combined with the most comprehensive and intelligent change control solution available.
Vulnerability Tracker: The world’s only limitless and unrestricted vulnerability scanning solution with unparalleled accuracy and efficiency, protecting your IT assets on premises, in the cloud and mobile endpoints.