Information security is now a mainstream requirement for all organizations, of all sizes and industries
The range and variety of threats to your confidential data is not only vast, but growing and evolving all the time. Firewalls and anti-virus protection have been sidelined, only providing protection against a fraction of today’s threats to your information assets – zero day threats, mutating malware, APT's or advanced persistent threats, coupled with phishing and insider threats mean that your network and servers are exposed right now.
File Integrity Monitoring strengthens security in 4 key areas:-
File Integrity Monitoring strengthens security in 4 key areas
All governance, regulatory and compliance standards like NIST 800-53, SOX, PCI DSS, NERC CIP, HIPAA , FedRAMP, DISA STIG all mandate the need for cyber security controls. Maintaining system integrity is a key control for provably secure systems, as is vulnerability mitigation and malware protection. File Integrity Monitoring technology fulfils all requirements for all compliance standards including the application of a Hardened Build Standard.
The science of rendering servers, database systems, firewalls, EPOS systems and all other IT devices fundamentally secure is still the most effective - but often the most neglected - security best practice. Todays’ contemporary networked systems rely on inter-operation, ease of use and open access – all in direct opposition to system security. A Hardened System is one that has a ‘locked down’ configuration, removing all unnecessary function, access and other potential vulnerabilities that could be exploited by a hacker. The information security industry’s authority on secure configuration guidance is the Center for Internet Security. CIS Benchmarks are the recommended hardened build-standard for all security and compliance initiatives.
Zero Day Threats, by definition, are invisible to Anti-Virus systems. Trojans that masquerade as legitimate system files can be hidden in plain-sight. Application Backdoors, once embedded, will remain operational forever unless regular file integrity checks are run. Breach and Intrusion detection requires forensic-level change detection for files, registry hives, service and process lists and other indicators such as operating network ports.
The only constant in IT is the perpetual state of change. Patching, upgrades, new users, new sites, new applications all require changes to the network, servers and workstations. Any change may re-introduce vulnerabilities that contravene your organization’s Hardened Build Standard, so continuous File Integrity Monitoring is essential for maintaining security
And the number one solution that delivers
all the key security and compliance benefits of file integrity monitoring is NNT Change Tracker™
Easiest To Use – Most Fully Featured – Most Affordable
Learn more about NNT Change Tracker here
File Integrity Monitoring Blog
- Gemalto investigates claims of hacking by NSA and GCHQ
- 3 new breaches – a hacked eCommerce site, POS malware and a spear phishing attack
- More on Carabank APT - The $1B Cyber Crime
- Exposing a cyber criminal gang responsible for the theft of $100M's, credit cards and intellectual property
- All file integrity monitoring blog posts
File Integrity Monitoring Articles
- Windows File Integrity Monitoring 101
- Is all fraud preventable? File integrity monitoring and what should businesses be doing?
- File Integrity Monitoring – 3 Reasons Why Your Security is Compromised Without it Part 3
- File Integrity Monitoring – 3 Reasons Why Your Security Is Compromised Without It Part 2
- All File Integrity Monitoring Articles
File Integrity Monitoring Case Studies
- Leading Finance Provider Wonga Meets PCI Compliance Needs for File Integrity Monitoring Using NNT
- Fortune 500 Financial Services company governs network integrity with NNT Change Tracker
- ACAS turns to NNT for comprehensive IT service delivery management solution
- Fidelity Information Services governs network integrity with NNT Change Tracker
- All File Integrity Monitoring Case Studies
File Integrity Monitoring White Papers
“Thanks for all your help. It is a pleasure to work with such a responsive, knowledgeable vendor.”
Linda Knipping, CISSP, CIPP/IT
Sr Systems Security Analyst
“NNT’s support is hands down the best I have ever worked with”
John Landers – Paymetric USA – Customer