The best, easiest to use, most fully featured File Integrity Monitoring solution currently available!
NNT Change Tracker Enterprise™ delivers market-leading File Integrity Monitoring for any security and compliance initiative.
Approved by hundreds of independent Auditors, QSAs and security specialists operating in all countries across the globe, NNT Change Tracker Enterprise™ protects hundreds of banks, government departments and agencies, financial services providers, retailers, gaming resorts and restaurant chains, as well as airlines, museums and not-for-profit organizations.
NNT Change Tracker Enterprise™ audits your IT estate for compliance with best practices in security configuration, provides malware protection and protects systems from any unauthorized changes.
NNT covers all popular platforms such as:
- Windows, all versions
- Linux, all versions, including Ubuntu, SUSE, CentOS, RedHat
- Unix, all versions including Solaris, HPUX, AIX
- VMWare, all versions including ESXi
- Database Systems, including Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, PostgreSQL, My SQL
- Network Devices and Appliances, all types and manufacturers, including routers, switches and firewalls, from Cisco, Nortel, Juniper and Checkpoint
Information security is now a mainstream requirement for all organizations, of all sizes and industries. The range and variety of threats to your confidential data is not only vast, but growing and evolving all the time. Firewalls and anti-virus protection are only part of the solution to protecting your information assets – zero day threats, mutating malware, APTs or advanced persistent threats, coupled with phishing and insider threats mean that your network and servers are exposed.
File integrity monitoring strengthens security in 3 key areas
System Hardening – the science of rendering servers, database systems, firewalls, EPOS systems and all other IT devices fundamentally secure is still the most effective - but often the most neglected - security best practice. Todays’ contemporary networked systems rely on inter-operation, ease of use and open access – all in direct opposition to system security.
A Hardened System is one that has a ‘locked down’ configuration, removing all unnecessary function, access and other potential vulnerabilities that could be exploited by a hacker.
NNT Change Tracker Enterprise™ FIM ensures that all configuration settings are set and maintained for maximum security, be they general configuration files, running process lists, registry settings, service states and settings, installed software, or user account, password, audit or security policy
- Malware Protection – Zero Day Threats, by definition, are invisible to Anti-Virus systems. Trojans that masquerade as legitimate system files can be hidden in plain-sight. Application Backdoors, once embedded, will remain operational forever
- Change Management – the only constant in IT is the perpetual state of change. Patching, upgrades, new users, new sites, new applications all require changes to the network, servers and workstations. Any change may re-introduce vulnerabilities that contravene your organization’s Hardened Build Standard, so continuous File Integrity Monitoring provided by NNT Change Tracker Enterprise™ is essential for maintaining security
Key benefits of NNT Change Tracker Enterprise™
- Identification of Approved versus Unapproved FIM changes.
Note: Security Standards such as the PCI DSS mandate that unauthorized FIM changes must be tracked. To this end, it is imperative to understand the difference between planned and unplanned changes, which will also significantly cut down the number of False Positives you may be required to investigate.
- Which specific attributes changed and crucially who made the change?
- Records changes to any binary system or application files, as well as to any text-based configuration file
- Simple, side-by-side or ‘before and after’ presentation of changes or summarized views for Added, Changed or Deleted files
- Whether the file or configuration change was an addition, change or deletion with drill down feature for further forensic analysis
- Full Checksum/Hash Based change detection, vital for detecting stealthy trojans
- Real-Time Change detection along with comprehensive scheduled FIM reporting
- Pre-defined FIM templates to get you up and running in no time
- Comprehensive set up GUI to allow you to be selective about folder and file types to be tracked or ignored
- All operating systems, all platforms, all databases, all network devices and firewalls can be tracked for configuration and system file integrity
- Choice of Agent-Based or Agentless FIM
NNT Change Tracker Enterprise™ ensures you are 100% compliant with the FIM requirements of the PCI DSS – pre-defined templates are provided for all folders and files that should be tracked for File-Integrity, also allowing you to specify additional program folders and files unique to your environment, for instance, your core business applications. Crucially, NNT will identify ‘authorized and unauthorized changes’ and can be set to only alert you to the latter.
For device hardening requirements (Requirements 1, 2 and 6), NNT Change Tracker™ provides a complete range of hardening checklist templates for use with any Governance and Compliance initiative, based on manufacturer and security specialist checklist. These default templates are then tailored to match exactly your Hardened Build Standard.
Read NNT’s ‘The Art of Layered Security’ for more discussion around managing security alerts.
NNT Change Tracker™ conducts an initial inventory of all specified file systems and ‘fingerprints’ the files using secure hashing technology that generates a unique checksum for each file. The system will then audit all files being tracked on a scheduled basis – as defined by you.
Note: Whilst the PCI DSS and other leading governance or regulatory security standards call for at least a weekly review of ‘unauthorized file changes’, NNT Change Tracker™ will also operate in a ‘live tracking’ mode for ultra-secure environments where file changes are detected and reported in real-time. Whether live tracking or periodically polling, the software will tell you precisely ‘who made that change’.
NO WONDER SECURE COMPUTING MAGAZINE RECENTLY AWARDED NNT CHANGE TRACKER THEIR HIGHEST AWARD OF 5 STARS FOR ‘FEATURES, EASE OF USE, PERFORMANCE AND VALUE FOR THE MONEY’.
Very good change management tool, priced right and full of appropriate functionality.
A lot of functionality and reporting features at a reasonable cost.
“NNT’s support is hands down the best I have ever worked with”
John Landers – Paymetric USA – Customer
“Thanks for all your help. It is a pleasure to work with such a responsive, knowledgeable vendor.”
Linda Knipping, CISSP, CIPP/IT
Sr Systems Security Analyst