According to the Ponemon Institute’s latest report, cloud adoption is rapidly growing, but companies are not taking security as seriously as they should be.
The survey found that an alarming number of businesses are not implementing the appropriate governance and security measures necessary to protect sensitive information stored in the cloud.
While companies are embracing the cloud with its benefits or cost and flexibility, they’re falling behind with keeping control of their data and compliance in virtual environments. 73% of respondents deem cloud-based services and platforms imperative to their organization's everyday operations, so why would organizations not adopt the appropriate security measures to protect this information?
The study found:
- Difficulty in controlling/restricting end-user access increased by 48% in 2014 to 53% in 2016
- Inability to apply conventional information security in cloud environments (70%)
- Inability to directly inspect cloud providers for security compliance (69%)
- 49% of cloud services are deployed by departments other than corporate IT
- 47% of corporate data stores in cloud environments is not managed or controlled by the IT Department
At NNT we understand that protecting data is crucial to the success of any organization, which is why implementing our feature rich, easy to use and affordable solutions, means that the security of your data is in good hands.
NNT’s hosted Security and Compliance Service provides non-stop, continuous monitoring to detect security weaknesses across your servers, databases, POS and network devices to help you reduce risk and better manage compliance. Better still - because System Hardening & Vulnerability Management is delivered as a cloud-based service, you can be up and running in no time at all, without needing the investment in infrastructure, staff, and training.