Read the latest news, developments and opinion pieces on IT security and compliance from industry experts New Net Technologies.
Click on a link below for information on how you can ensure your IT systems comply with security standards.
Compliance Blog - PCI Compliance
- Fraudulent Credit Card Purchases Now Burden Retailers Slow to Upgrade Payment Terminals
- Trump Hotels Investigating Yet Another Data Breach
- Home Depot Settles Lawsuit over 2014 Data Breach
- Wendy’s Breach Expected to Surpass the Losses of Target & Home Depot
- Going Digital- Replacing Cards with Smartphones
- All PCI DSS Compliance blog posts
Compliance Blog - NIST SP 800
- NIST Releases Guidelines to Enhance Email Security
- NIST Updates Telework Guidelines after 7 Years
- California Agencies Not Complying with IT Security Standards
- Hackers 'stole data of millions of US government workers'
- Millions of US government workers hit by data breach
- All Compliance NIST SP 800 blog posts
Compliance Blog - NERC CIP
- BlackEnergy Malware Linked to Ukrainian Power Outage
- Fictional APT attack on NorthEastern Energy grid predicts costs of $1T and 93 million left without power
- British Gas bows to criticism over blocking password manager
- Time for a UK 'NERC CIP' Standard?
- NERC CIP compliance: Power grid under attack every four days - or is it more frequent?
- All Compliance NERC CIP blog posts
Compliance Blog - FedRAMP
Compliance Blog - HIPAA HITECH
- Digital Healthcare Damaged by Ongoing Security Threats
- Hollywood Hospital Held for Ransom by Hackers
- 98% of Leaked Healthcare Data Caused by Large Scale Attacks
- Is Your Health Data in the Right Hands?
- Healthcare Industry Still Falling Behind in IT Security Efforts
- All Compliance HIPAA, HITECH blog posts
Compliance Blog - Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX)
Compliance Blog - FDCC-USGCB
- US Department of Defense Announces Launch of ‘Hack the Pentagon’ Bug Bounty Program
- U.S. Government Introduces New ‘National Background Investigation Bureau’
- Tim Cook Lashes Out at Meeting With US Government Over Encryption
- White House Officials Meet with Tech Giants to Discuss Fighting Terror
- Why we all need better password policies - United Airlines' MileagePlus accounts plundered
- All Compliance FDCC-USGCB blog posts
- U.S. DoD Announces Vulnerability Disclosure Policy & Kicks-Off Hack the Army Program
- Customer is King, but what do they want when it comes to online Security?
- PCI DSS POS breach: Do you allow 3rd party access to your systems or provide IT services to customers with Governance, Risk Management and Compliance responsibilities?
- PCI DSS Version 3 and File Integrity Monitoring – New Standard, Same Problems
- FIM for PCI DSS - Card Skimmers Still Doing the Business After All These Years
- BREAKING NEWS - Really? - PCI Compliance is Mandatory
- All Compliance articles
Compliance White Papers